Your personalized, organic, sunless tanning service will include skin tone evaluation, lifestyle considerations, and personal airbrush (spray) tanning expectations.
What sets my services apart?
- I follow the FDA and Dermatologist recommended safety guidelines by providing clients with a nose filter, cotton for the ears, a hairnet, thick lip balm and extraction fans to remove any over spray, which is minimal.
- I have disposable undergarments available if you forget your bathing suit and don't wish to have a nude tan.
- I will take the time to dry you and provide tinted mineral body powder to ensure that you leave the studio dry and ready for the rest of your day.
How it works:
- The active ingredient across the board for all tanning formulas is all natural beet sugar based DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) along with other high end cosmetically used botanicals for that instant glow.
- DHA works with the amino acids in your skin that creates a deep, bronze tan...except without any possibility of getting burned!
- The result is a perfect tan with no orange tones and no streaks. While you'll be tan immediately after using our spray on tan, your tan will gradually darken and set in over the next 12-24 hours following application.
- The tan will last 5-9 days depending upon your lifestyle and skin type.
- Before Your
Shower, Exfoliate, Shave (night before preferably)
- come to session with dry, clean skin.
Be dry for at least 30 minutes before your session.
Remove moisturizer, body lotion, perfume,
deodorant, makeup and sunscreen.Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing, bathing suit,
flip-flops to salon.
- Do not wear white clothing, tight clothing, bras,
wristbands, leather, nylon, wool, silk, jewelry.
- Avoid waxing, dermabrasion, facials within 24 hours
before your session.
- Have a manicure or pedicure the day before your
- Have hair pulled back off face & neck
- Do not use any oil-based product any closer than 24
hours before your session.
How long does
- Please allow 30 minutes for your In
Studio Session and 30 to 40 minutes for your Mobile Session.
- How dark will I
get? Your tan depends on your skin tone.
Everyone’s skin is different and therefore will appear lighter or darker. You
will be several shades darker.
- How long does the
tan last?Typically sunless tans last 5-7 days.
The makers of Sjolie boast 7-14 days with an average of 10 days. Most
of my clients see between 10-14 days. Your tan can last longer depending on
how you take care of your skin and if you use maintenance products.
- Will I turn
orange? No, unlike the “booth” sprays that can
leave you with an orange tint, our sunless solution gives you a completely
natural looking tan, just like you stepped off the beach.
- What do I wear;
do I have to be nude? No, if you choose you may wear
bra/panties or old swimwear. Just know that if you do, you will have tan
lines. So, if you are tanning for an event, make sure that your tan lines
won’t interfere with your attire. Men must wear shorts, swim trunks, etc.
After your session: wear dark, loose fitting clothing (tank top, jogging
- What is the
minimum age; does a parent have to be present? There isn’t a minimum age requirement,
but please discuss with your Sunless Specialist if you are inquiring about a
session for a minor. Parents can be present if they wish and maybe required
to be present for a very young child.
is the difference between a Custom Spray Tan and booth sprayers? Custom spray tanning is so much better
than a booth because it is customized and hand applied. You don’t have to
worry about streaking or choking from all the overspray. There is very little
overspray with your custom spray tan session and you are given very detailed
instructions for before and after care so that you have a perfect, glowing
What can I use on my skin afterwards?
- For optimal results avoid showering, rain, sweating
and exposure to water for 8-12 hours.
- Use products as recommended by your technician to increase the duration
of your custom spray tan. Daily moisturizing will extend your tan..
- NO scrubbing, exfoliating, shaving or waxing, it will
shorten the life of your tan. Only exfoliate before a tanning session to
help remove remnants of an old tan.
it matter if you are on medications? Yes, please discuss all medications
with your Sunless Specialist prior to scheduling your session. Certain
medications can cause the sunless solution to not adhere to your skin.
can I use on my skin afterwards?• Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure
to water for 8-12 hours.
• Do not wear white clothing for at least 24 hours.
• Do not wear super tight clothing.
• Moisturize entire body twice daily for the duration of your custom spray
• Avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
• Tanning beds and sunbathing are o.k., but apply sunscreen outdoors.
• Do not use lotions that have alpha hydroxyl on the bottle as it will
exfoliate your skin faster.
- How long before
I can shower?It is best to wait at least 8 to 12
hours before bathing or showering, but longer is betterWhen can I
shave?You can shave after your 1st shower,
taking care to shave gently.
do you spray tan me; is it done in a private setting? Yes, if you choose a mobile session you
will be in the comfort of your home. If you choose an in-salon session, we
have a private room. I need access
to an electrical outlet and a well lit area big enough to spray. The shower
is a potential location and is easy clean up.
you be pregnant? Yes, because the solution is a natural
product. We always ask that you discuss your plans with your doctor and
receive their approval prior to scheduling your session.
- Can I bring my
child with me? We do not offer child care services. We
recommend that children are not left unattended during your session.
- What if I mess
up my tan? In the rare event that you mess up your
tan, my Touch-Up Policy is In-Salon only, and the cost is half-price.
my sunless tan protect me from the sun? No, the product doesn’t have an SPF in
the ingredients. If you will be out in the sun you will need to wear sun
protection and re-apply often.
I'm sure you will be happy with my service. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at 760-803-3366 (for faster response please text) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also on Facebook www.facebook.com/AirbrushTanningBySheriBell