Take some time out of your busy life and treat yourself to a soothing massage.
- Therapeutic Massage - a combination of modalities customized to your needs
Swedish Massage - light circulatory massage
Deep Tissue Massage - firm, slow pressure for problem areas
- Aromatherapy Massage, Aroma-Touch Massage, Raindrop Therapy
- Foot Reflexology - assists in creating equilibrium through your reflex zones
- Sports Massage - a faster massage targeting sports related body issues
- Arnica Massage - Arnica Montana flower remedy for inflammation of the muscles and joints
- Body Wrap with FAR Infrared Technology
Infrared Body Wrap Treatment
- The Far Infrared heat body wrap system is used for weight loss, detoxification, skin softening, circulatory improvement and muscle and joint pain management. Anyone can benefit from FIR heat therapy. A 60 minute treatment is really quite easy. The first step is the application of treatment solution which will depend upon your goal. Next, you will slip into your own reusable body suit (basically an oversized gauzy footie pajama). Then you slip into a 75 degree heated sleeping bag. Finally, you lie back, relax.
Is an FIR Body wrap safe?
- Far infrared rays are naturally occurring rays of light on the far right, invisible portion of the color spectrum. Because their wavelengths are within the same range as those occurring in our bodies naturally, FIR represents a completely safe and natural way to provide a number of therapeutic benefits. The infrared energy in a FIR Body wrap is safe and highly beneficial for your body. As with anything, you should always consult with your own doctor if you have any questions on whether a FIR body wrap is appropriate and safe for you.
What is Infrared Heat?
- Infrared heat is “radiant” heat. Radiant heat is a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to heat the air in between. Radiant heat is also called Far Infrared Energy (FIR).Infrared rays in the electromagnetic spectrum cannot be seen, but are felt as heat. Like sunshine, you feel the heat but you can’t actually see the rays! Far infrared (FIR) energy is a part of the natural lightspectrum of sunlight, and is actually naturally produced by the body! Your body can absorb FIR because of its deep penetrating ability. When FIR penetrates skin, it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of tissues cause blood vessels in capillaries to dilate, promoting better blood circulation, and the heat produced helps to rid your body toxins and metabolic wastes by causing you to sweat. FIR heat also stimulates the dilation of peripheral blood vessels, bringing oxygen to joints and extremities, relaxing stiff muscles, and even speeding the healing of sprains and strains. The increased blood flow helps aching and injured muscles recover faster because of the stronger blood flow and the quicker metabolic and toxic waste production being purged from your body by sweating.
Is Far Infrared Ray (FIR) technology safe?
- Infrared rays refer to segments on the electromagnetic spectrum. There are three different wave lengths: Near Infrared, Middle Infrared, and Far Infrared. The longest ones, Far Infrared, are the safest, as determined by NASA research in the 1960s.FIR is what is most commonly use for therapeutic purposes, with a very narrow spectrum (between 5 and 15 microns) being the most beneficial because it most closely resembles human bio-fields (Human Infrared), such as a mother’s gentle touch. Human Infrared rays are present in our bodies naturally and used to regulate many physiological functions. FIR body wraps are perfectly safe, emitting infrared rays in the safe, 5 – 15 microns range closest to human bio-fields. How does the FIR Body wrap system help patients manage pain and promote faster healing after an accident or injury? Our bodies are made to combat toxins, such as chemical-laden fast foods, by creating fatty and lactic acids, which often appear as skin problems. These acids are also found in the liver and kidneys, where the toxins are processed. With FIR Therapy, the heat from these rays increase blood flow, which helps circulate additional oxygen to the organs and throughout the body to carry away hidden toxins. It’s fatty acids which are expended as energy to fuel this detoxification process. Not only does that burn calories, it provides a boost to immunity, promotes healing, reduces soreness in muscles, provides relief for arthritis and enhances cardiovascular function. FIR Therapy has also been shown to speed up the processing of enzymes in our bodies, which increases our metabolism. Just an hour of Far Infrared Ray Therapy breaks down fat, cellulite and other toxins while burning hundreds of calories due to the fact that FIR application makes the body sweat. This also provides relief for any body aches, stiffness or soreness, as reported by the Journal of American College of Cardiology and The Mayo Clinic.
When did Far Infrared Ray heat technology begin to be used for physical therapy?
- In the past several decades, researchers in China and Japan discovered that far infrared rays could be even more beneficial than originally thought. Taking the concept of cardiovascular stimulation a step farther, these researchers found that a system delivering FIR to the body could result in caloric consumption equal to a six to nine mile run (anywhere from 600 to 2,400calories) during a 30-minute session. FIR is currently being investigated in use as a therapy for arthritis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness, edema, hypertension, coronary artery disease and to increase blood flow. FIR could soon become the preferred way to improve the skin’s elasticity through increased collagen production and decreased cellulite while providing overall beauty through better health and circulation.
Call or text 760.803.3366 to schedule an appointment.
254 E. Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025
Hours: By Appointment Only